Quick and Easy Pesto Veggie Pizza Recipe
Everyone loves pizza, right? I know my three kiddos do and they request my homemade pizza all the time! My homemade pizza includes making the crust from scratch and using fresh, organic ingredients when possible. If you like veggie pizzas or want to try a twist to a traditional pizza for Friday night’s dinner, try my quick and easy pesto veggie pizza recipe!
Veggie Pizza Recipe Ingredients (based on 1 pizza):
1 - Quick and Easy Pizza Crust Recipe
1 Package of Your favorite pesto (I used Basil Pesto), 10 oz or less
1 – 10 oz package of frozen organic spinach, thawed and drained
1 – medium red onion, chopped
2 – medium tomatoes, chopped
1 Package of your favorite cheese(s)
salt, as desired
pepper, as desired
- Prepare the Quick and Easy Pizza Crust recipe. While the yeast mixture is sitting, start chopping up the red onion and tomatoes.
- Once the dough has been prepped and placed in the pan, evenly spread the pesto over the dough.
- Coat the pesto evenly with the thawed and drained spinach.
- Spread the chopped red onion over the spinach.
- Spread the chopped tomato over the red onion.
- Spread your favorite cheese all over the top.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 20-25 minutes on 450 degrees.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!
I love the fact that this homemade veggie pizza recipe reduces my prep time tremendously, is a healthier option for my family and a great way to get my kids to eat their veggies. The awesome pizza crust recipe takes about 15 minutes to prep! Not to mention my family loves the soft, chewy texture of the crust! They say it tastes better than Pizza Hut! I definitely know this recipe is a keeper with those comments of praise and satisfied stomachs.
If you like a thin crust, just roll the dough out as flat as you can get it, add your favorite toppings and VOILA! A tasty thin crust pizza full of your favorite toppings. Prepare this for your next Pizza Night!
Have an opinion? Tell us what you think about this recipe.
Share a pic of your pizza creation on our Facebook Page!